Here at Highland Academy we believe in the importance of the arts in a child's development. In order to foster a love of the arts from a young age, we provide many opportunities for our students to experience music, theater, and art in many different forms. The list below describes some of the ways in which we integrate the arts into our curriculum.
- Talent Shows
- Annual Art Show
- Winter and Spring Concerts
- On-site vocal and piano lessons (Additional fees apply)
- On-site music, movement, and theater classes
- Class trips to theater productions as well as art museums
To top off our education in the arts, every year the students of Highland Academy present a full-length junior musical production. All of our children, from pre-school age on up, are involved and get a chance to be on stage. The Highland staff and parents act as producers, directors, costume designers, and set designers.
Past Highland Academy Productions
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Guys and Dolls
- Honk Jr.
- Wizard of Oz
- School House Rock
- Alice in Wonderland
- The Lion King
- The Little Mermaid